Sunday, January 28, 2018

Days 20-21: The Last Weekend!

01/28/2018

The past two days held beautiful weather, life-defining views, and some of the coolest experiences of the whole trip!

Saturday was our 4 hour bike ride along Fisherman's Wharf, then through some biking paths until we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge! It was one of the most amazing experiences for me personally because I was so awestruck. I've seen thousands of pictures of the bridge, but riding a bike across this 1.7 mile-long bridge is truly inspiring. Looking up to see the arches 750 feet up is something words simply cannot describe. The bike ride from the Ferry Building in San Francisco to the Golden Gate Bridge Vista Point is about 16 miles round trip, with several steep inclines and declines. But if you are able, I highly recommend taking a day to explore this wonderful bridge and coastline.

That held most of the adventures Saturday, finishing the day with a home-cooked meal with beef kebabs and Fettuccine Alfredo, which was incredibly delicious. I was just so glad and thankful to have a safe bike ride among the chaos of the bridge and that area, and to have the strength to do so as well. If you are blessed with perfect weather like I was, you will have the best day of your life.

Sunday, I must admit I was quite soar from such a demanding ride, but my body felt good from such a workout! I woke up and had some cereal before embarking for a 4 mile round-trip walk to the Painted Ladies (some famous houses next to a park in San Fran), which was cool to see! Tyler and I then continued on to the "Full House" house, which although an unusual and not necessarily exciting spot to visit, it was very cool to say that I have seen the building that held the characters of "Full House", which was one of my favorite TV shows growing up. We then walked back to the house for some video games and lunch before hiking again. This time, Devin, Tyler and I hiked up the road just 15 minutes to Corona Heights Park to get some amazing sunset views of San Fran, our last views of the whole city before embarking for home tomorrow! Although it wasn't as high or as full as views from the famous Twin Peaks, it was still a rocky, thrilling exploration filled with some last views of most of the city.

Flying to Minneapolis tomorrow! Sad to leave such a beautiful place with such a great climate for January! Nevertheless, I am excited to see family and friends again. I will leave one last post after safe arrival back home with my lasting thoughts on the trip.

Erik Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment